HEAD OFFICE, Cloverleaf Advocacy, 5th Floor, Empire House, Old Wakefield Road, Dewsbury, WF12 8DJ
Independent Health Complaints Advocacy
Who might need this: anyone who needs support to make a complaint about an NHS or NHS funded service.
An Independent Health Complaints Advocate is specially trained to help people through the NHS complaints process. It’s a statutory service which means that anyone making a complaint about the NHS has a right to advocacy support. People can have help from an advocate at any point in the complaints process.
What does an Independent Health Complaints Advocate do?
- Help the person understand the complaints process
- Support the person to make a complaint in writing
- Keep in touch with the person about progress with their complaint
- Attend complaints meetings with the person
- Help the person understand the outcome of their complaint
- Help people take their complaint to the Ombudsman if they are not happy with the result
Who can make a referral?
- Anyone who wants support from an advocate
- If you want to make a referral for someone else, you would need to get their permission first
To make a referral, or find out more about the support we can provide, please contact us on 0300 012 4212 or via email to: NHScomplaints@cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk.