What does an Advocate do?
An advocate will work with you and support you to have your views heard.
Who can have general advocacy support?
- older people
- people with learning disabilities
- people with mental health needs
- people with physical and sensory impairment
- people on the autistic spectrum
- people with an acquired brain injury
- people with long-term conditions
There are lots of ways an advocate can support you. Here are just a few ways an advocate can work with you:
- Support you to get your voice heard when choosing a new home
- Help you understand information you are being given
- Support you in meetings
- Support you to get your views across around treatment you are receiving
- Support you when you are looking after a family member and need to make decisions about their care
……and lots more!
Easy Read Pages
Click the button below for more easy read pages.