What does an Advocate do?
An advocate will work with you and support you to have your views heard.
Who can have general advocacy support?
- older people
- people with learning disabilities
- people with mental health needs
- people with physical and sensory impairment
- people on the autistic spectrum
- people with an acquired brain injury
- people with long-term conditions
There are lots of ways an advocate can support you. Here are just a few ways an advocate can work with you:
- Support you to get your voice heard when choosing a new home
- Help you understand information you are being given
- Support you in meetings
- Support you to get your views across around treatment you are receiving
- Support you when you are looking after a family member and need to make decisions about their care
……and lots more!
Easy Read Pages
Click on the button below if you'd like to look at more Easy Read pages.