Cloverleaf Advocacy and Advocacy Awareness Week 2023 logo

Call us on: 01924 454875

Easy Read


MENU menu

Close close menu

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA)


Independent health complaints advocacy If you, or someone close to you, have had a problem with an NHS service then an Independent Health Complaints Advocate can help you make a complaint.


NHS services are:


  • Hospitals
  • Doctors
  • Dentists
  • Pharmacists
  • Ambulance
  • Treatment that you have had through the NHS but that is carried out in a different country


Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA) is a free service.  The advocate does not work for the NHS.


IHCA is only available to people who live in certain areas.  These areas are:


Map england
  • North Yorkshire
  • East Riding of Yorkshire
  • North Lincolnshire
  • North East Lincolnshire
  • Tameside


If you are not sure if this service is where you live you can ring Cloverleaf to find out.


What will an Independent Health Complaint Advocate (IHCA) do?


An IHCA will help you with your complaint by supporting you to fill in forms, write a letter, or send an email.

The advocate will find out who would be the best person to send the complaint to.



The advocate will go to meetings with you to support you and make sure your complaint is heard.


An IHCA will make sure you are happy with the outcome of your complaint.  If not, you can work with the IHCA to find other ways to have your complaint dealt with.



Easy Read Pages


Click the button below for more easy read pages.


Easy read