Lead the Way
Who might need this: anyone over 18 with a learning disability living in Calderdale, and their parents/carers. Lead the Way provides information and advice about matters relating to learning disabilities. The service is independent, free and confidential. Some of the team delivering the service have a learning disability.
How Lead the Way helps:
- Helping people on a 1:1 basis to get information and advice
- Running groups, e.g. our weekly Art and Chat sessions
- Supporting people to find services locally or nationally that can help (signposting)
- Training GPs and carrying out Quality Checking in GP practices
- Helping facilitate the Calderdale Learning Disabilities Partnership Board
- Helping deliver Relationship and Sexual Health Training
- Working with the local authority and health colleagues to make sure people with a learning disability have the same chances and choices as everyone else
We are looking for people to volunteer with the service. Please look at our volunteering page for more information.
Who can make a referral?
- The person who needs support
- A friend, family member or carer (with the person’s permission)
- The local authority ((with the person’s permission)
- The NHS ((with the person’s permission)
- Other organisations or charities ((with the person’s permission)